Example: Diamandis on Corona virus
Even someone expert in understanding exponential growth and spotting trends early can get it wrong.
Note how the comparison misses the point of exponential growth
On one of the worst days for Coronavirus in China (February 10, 2020), 108 people died. But on a given day, globally:
- 26,283 people die of cancer;
- 49,041 people die of cardiovascular diseases;
- 4,383 people die of diabetes.
- Meanwhile, suicide takes on average 2,191 lives….
- Mosquitoes take the lives of over 2,740 people, and….
- And HUMANS kill an average of 1,287 fellow people, every single day.